Thursday, June 15, 2006

Voices of Witness

Here's a wonderful video put out by Claiming the Blessing. One of my favorite quotes:

"Do I want to be part of a church that will bless my dog but not my relationship?"

The bloggers from convention keep reporting that the buzz word is "Clarity". I think a better word is "Honesty". As one blogger stated so well at the public hearing


To “repent” means we did something new.• We did not.• Gene Robinson is not the first gay bishop. He is the first honestly gay bishop. He won’t be the last.

To “repent” means that we have broken communion.• We did not.• Indeed, we have been in broken communion for more than thirty years over the ordination of women.• Our greater sin is that we won’t elect the one bishop as Presiding Bishop who is far and away the most qualified to be our next Presiding Bishop because she is a woman and that would “further impair” our already broken communion. So, we face a dilemma – The Windsor Report asks us to repent. All we can offer is regret.

We are dishonest if we say "We will not ordain gay bishops". We just shove them back into the closet. We are dishonest if we say "We will accept gays and women as priests, but not bishops." We are just shoving them into pidgen holes. As a women, I want to see more women bishops and of course Presiding Bishop. As a human, I want to see all God's creatures recognized and blessed.

Another quote:

"Jesus said, "If I am lifted up, I will draw ALL people into myself"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.