Friday, June 09, 2006

Knitting Blog

Lest I wallow in self-pity indefinitely, I ought to remind myself of the better parts of my life. Three of which are being featured in this post. Here I present –

THE SWEATER

The intended recipient being my husband (he would be the best part of all) and hopefully he will enjoy wearing it as much as I have enjoyed making it. This is my first serious project. I can’t wait to finish it and see him wear it. I am fully conscious of the myths surrounding knitting for the special man/woman in your life (I assume it works equally on both genders). But since we’ve been together 10 years already, I’m confident that a sweater won’t break us up. And I secretly made it in colors I like so it will look great as a “she’s wearing his sweater” sweater. As I said it’s not finished yet but here are the major pieces:

Basil examines the pieces. “Which one should I chew on first?”



















Now that looks more like it.















Working on the last piece.














“I would never chew your yarn!”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Finished product?
I can't wait to see - and am so jealous of your talent. Not in that breaking the commandment kind of way jealous - but am in awe of your talent. :) Rachel